Friday, February 10, 2012

Not quite a Trailwalker

In late April, 3 colleagues and I will be participating in the Melbourne Oxfam Trailwalker.100km in some time under 24 hours - we're hoping. 


My fitness disappeared sometime back in late 2010 shortly after I arrived home - post 3 years on distant shores - and sunk into a 'poor me' phase. 


'Just getting back out there' seems to have been my cure all after all (or rather cure-quite-a-lot and notably not as easy as it sounds). Setting myself the goal of completing the Trailwalker and making myself accountable to 3 teammates is thus far working. After 3 tough-ish team walks and a couple of embarrassingly red face inducing PT sessions I am slowly on my way to moderate fitness - a stepping stone to genuine 10km run for fun health (OK - this is a stretch goal for me. In the good old days I would always have opted for back-to-back spin classes followed by a 1/2 hour abs session to the lightest of runs round the block. The idea of running is appealing to me. The reality is not.)
      
Why I'm walking 100km Source

Tomorrow is training walk #4. Just me this time and I've decided to walk home along the trainline. Hugging the bay from Frankston to as far as I get before getting too board/tired/sunburnt/<insert another excuse>. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment